WHERE ARE WE LOCATED?
- We have 2 locations: Athens, TN and Gatlinburg, TN
- Downtown Athens, TN. 10 S White St., Athens, TN 37303
- The Village Shoppes in Gatlinburg. 634 Parkway Suite 17, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
WHAT ARE YOUR HOURS?
- Please check Google or Facebook for the latest hours for both locations.
WHAT IF I HAVE ISSUES WITH MY ORDER?
- Please call (423) 649-3627 to discuss or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have trivia night?
- On Thursdays in Athens, stop by for a little trivia and win some prizes on brain teaser questions. Starts at 6pm and goes about an hour or so but depends on the crowd.
HOW CAN I ORDER ONLINE?
- Pickup – Maddi Mae’s Cafe – Sandwiches and ice cream in Athens, TN – Order Online (getbento.com)
- Delivery – Maddi Mae’s Cafe – Sandwiches and ice cream in Athens, TN – Order Online (getbento.com) Athens Only
- Or visit – https://www.maddimaescafe.com/
- Gatlinburg online ordering is coming soon. In Gatlinburg the lines can be long, particularly for food items. We are working on ways that you can order before you arrive at the store and therefore greatly reducing your wait time. Pickup shelves help to save time and offer a contactless option. Our goal is to increase our customers’ experience. Its vacation time and you shouldn’t have to wait to have a good time.
How long have you been in Athens, TN?
- It all started with the Allen family in 2004. And Maddi Mae’s Cafe quickly turned into a local hotspot for lunch.
How long have you been in Gatlinburg, TN?
- Maddi Mae’s Cafe purchased The Village Cafe and Creamery in 2021. However The Village Cafe and Creamery has been in The Village Shops since 2006. Still provides the same great taste with our hot and cold drinks. Look for expanding our service into food items in the future.
HOW MANY VISITORS?
- Gatlinburg – The Smoky Mountains sees over 13 million annual visitors. The Maddi Mae’s Cafe & Creamery has over 100,000 guests each year.
- Athens – Over 50,000 guests each year
DOES MADDI MAE’S CAFE SUPPORT ANY CHARITIES?
- Yes. We love being part of the communities we serve and want to help where we can. A portion of all sales goes to Coordinated Charities of Athens and the Appalachian Bear Rescue
Can I buy a Maddi Mae’s Cafe Franchise?
- Unfortunately, no. At this time we do not have any franchise opportunities. But keep a look out as we continue to expand.
HOW MUCH SUGAR TO YOU USE IN YOUR SWEET TEA?
- We add roughly a pound of sugar in each gallon of our sweet tea.
WHEN WAS MADDI MAE’S CAFÉ ESTABLISHED?
- Maddi Mae’s Café was started in 2004 by Gary Allen and his family.
HOW TO THE NAME MADDI MAE’S COME ABOUT?
- The original name was Maddi Mas (with a long a). It was a combination of names from the founder’s kids, Maddison and Mason. However, new customers would routinely pronounce Mas as the Spanish word for more. To eliminate the confusion, the name was modified to Mae’s, and the rest is history.
There are always so many questions but not enough time. If you have any additional questions, please pay us a visit. We enjoy getting to know all our guests. With the Smoky Mountains getting over 13 million visitors each year. We have a lot of opportunities to meet people. Of Course we try to remember everyone’s name but please be patient with us if we struggle to recall. Some days it is just a struggle to get all the drink orders out. All kidding aside, we enjoy hearing our guests’ adventures, bear stories, where they are visiting from and we hope to add some enjoyment to your overall experience to Gatlinburg. In Athens, we love hearing from new guests and joking/talking with our regulars. Athens is a great small town setting and we love being a small part of it. Developing strong community relationships is our fountain and it has made us better over the years. Without Athens, we could have never taken on the Gatlinburg location. Together both locations support each other making both stronger. This will help us to improve going forward as we increase online order options and providing new experiences for all our guests.
Seriously, do you still have questions? Stop by with family and friends and enjoy your time together. Time is the most limited resource we have and we need to enjoy and have fun. Trust that we will do our best to offer a great experience as we cross paths. And we will cross paths, it is destiny. We were meant to meet. Whether over chicken salad, a coffee, or a milkshake, seat back and enjoy. Look no further, you found the best ice cream shop in Athens & Gatlinburg Tennessee and now it is time to enjoy your bounty. Now that the search is now over, you have more time to enjoy your ice cream in Athens or Gatlinburg Tennessee. Seriously, stop by a couple times a week or more. Remember seven days without Maddi Mae’s Cafe Ice Cream in Athens or Gatlinburg Tennessee makes one weak. This is not disputed and must be accepted to enjoy your ice cream at Maddi Mae’s Ice Cream.
Also, Maddi Mae’s Cafe & Creamery has the best coffee in Gatlinburg. We are the highest rated coffee and ice cream shop in Gatlinburg. No need to search further. All you will find is expensive and small portions at other shops. Plus there is no way they will be as friendly as us. NO WAY! We offer custom drinks that other can’t. We can satisfy the taste of the whole family, large or small. Have you not stopped by yet? What are you waiting for? This is your official invitation. Now that you are officially invited, bring your family and friends. Be the most value adding member of your group. You are certain to gain favor from your wisdom and good taste. For you are wise, time to cash in!